LONELINESS

LONELINESS

Took this one the other day together with Reflection without a name and some other photos you will see in the next few days.

I was always interested in the railroads..I presume because I often read about them, but there were none around the town I grew up. And someone “complained” that there are few people at my photos :)

I’ve been switching between this one and it’s cropped version for 15mins now..can’t make up my mind. At this one I like vast space, misty flora, human will and a long railroad perspective. Tomorrow the accent will be on the movement, dynamics and less geometry.

Techical data:
White balance: Auto
Focal length: 70mm
Flash: Off
ISO: 200
Quality: JPG Fine
Cropped: No

This entry was posted in b&w, nature, people, street and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to LONELINESS

1. Stuart says:

Great photo. It really is ‘loneliness’. I like that her pathway leads off into the distance. The space is good here and I think cropping would take something important away from the picture.

2. mario says:

Well that’s why I said I had doubts about them.The accent switch is noticeable. This one empasizes the space, and the cropped one the movement :)

3. jablan says:

Now that’s what I like, :) the old school. The mist is great and you can almost feel how cold was there. I’m curious to see the cropped version as well.

4. RainKing says:

I really like this one. One of ma favorites of yours. The shot perfectly reflects the feeling of loneliness. Very nice.

5. orange says:

This one is great. I love the timeless feeling of it ( reminds me of shots of the depression here in the US) . A “classic” shot successfully depicting the feeling of loneliness. It could also be called ” struggle” The tracks stretching for ever and the one lonely figure walking to reach some unreachable coal!!!!! Excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Ana says:

This shot is really beautiful, I told you that on Sunday. Now, in black&white version, it’s even better. It brings so many emotions. Very sad, though. I’m very proud of you :) And I miss you.

7. J.Lim says:

Ouch, this is simply fantastic Mario..my FAVORITE so far..really really a good capture

8. Kanwulf says:

What an incredible shot….
    May I have your permission to use it in my blog?
    Of course, I’ll write down the author and the link.
    Pls write me telling me if I can do that.

Tnx a lot

Lord Kanwulf

9. *mamo says:

wow, very impressive photo!

10. tetsu says: